where i live
I live and work in West Seattle, North Admiral to be exact. IMHO West Seattle is a one of Seattle’s better places to call home. Life is better on this side of the bridge.
West Seattle is actually a collection of neighborhoods, north and south: Alki Beach, Admiral, Alki, Arbor Heights, Delridge, Duwamish, Duwamish Industrial Center, Fairmount Park, Fauntleroy, Gatewood, Genesee Hill, Georgetown, Harbor Island, High Point, Highland Park, Morgan Junction, North Admiral, North Delridge, Riverview, Roxhill, Seaview, South Delridge, South Park, West Seattle, Westwood. And yes, this will be on the final.
Let’s face it, everyone on this side of the bridge reads the West Seattle Blog. Everyone.
Things I love about West Seattle:
- Longfellow Creek (beavers in the middle of the city)
- no parking meters!
- few street lights, more trees, green space, & wildlife than the rest of the city
- the beach: close and clean, long and varied
- Schmitz Park, old growth in the city
- knowing that California Ave SW is the longest straight street in Seattle
- eagles nest beneath my window
- alleys, lots of alleys
Weather Watch Park
One of West Seattle's most famous residents is Wes C. Addle (get it?), a.k.a. Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam fame.
west seattle bus routes the walker rock garden seattle my seattle seattle space needle seattle landmarks seattle trivia west seattle blog travel seatac flight info seattle seismic maps seattle MMJ fresh picked seattle ice cream