safe surfing from a flash drive
protect yourself because no one else will
There are times when you want to surf the net without leaving a trace. Perhaps you’re using an untrusted machine or you’re surfing in a public WiFi space like a coffeehouse.
Several tools are available that can be run off of a flash drive. Some of them are Portable Apps designed to be run off of flash drives. I’ve put together the collection of software that I want.
Unlike other options, this flash drive image is made to be run on a Windows computer. It will still boot into Windows, not Linux. Nothing is left on the host computer, no trace of your useage.
- Tor browser bundle, Firefox + Tor version 0.2.2.37
- Chrome from Portable Apps + HTTPS Everywhere
both default mode or 'New Incognito Window' (browse in private)
- NoteTab, text editor
- 7-Zip, file compression & AES256 encryption
- ClamWin, antivirus
- SpyBo, spyware removal
- CCleaner, disk util including secure file deletion
- Defraggler, disk defragmenter
- FileZilla, FTP
- PuTTY, SSH & telnet
- WinMTR, network diagnostics
- CoolPlayer+, audio player
- White Noise Obfuscation, background noise to thwart eavesdroppers [Eve]
- crypto tools, SHA256 & HMAC
ver. 0.3 29jun12 183,097,954 bytes
Click here to download the ZIP file with everything in it. Uncompress it onto a flash drive with at least 500MB of free space on it.
'introduction to tor' video
tor white paper
the nsa in bluffdale ut
eve is always among us
hiding computers online passwords & keys crypto tools silent ringtone #OccupyYourCamera
reusing old computers wiretap c-tone encrypted cloud storage building websites clocks lava lite nerds in love travel